Warning

WARNING: I do post pictures of the cache containers, please, if you cache around the Indianapolis and surrounding areas (20 miles) please beware. Thank You.

My Geocaching.com Profile: Hunter275

Thursday, July 21, 2011

PLANNING: My First Hide

I am thinking about adding a cache somewhere around the town I live in. Some place good and uncrowded (the park near my home has 130 caches in it). Maybe I should just drive around and find a good place. I need to think of things to put and what I am going to put it in. Trip to the local CVS should help.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that you're planning on planting a swag-size container for your first hide. Very nice.

    Use a good container to protect the swag - a lock and lock, an ammo can are the best. Plastic peanut butter jars are very sturdy too.

    For a few pictures of bad containers to avoid see:
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=244760

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find some swag to put in, something under 20$

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I talk to folks about geocaching, I claim to be a geocache hider and I do some seeking too, lol! There is a lot to consider. Remember, you'll get your "street rep" right away from your first hide. So, if you want to be known as the guy who takes you to incredible places, tricky hides, puzzle mater or just for fun, adding another "quality" cache is always good.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on making a good cache, been planning it in my head. it's been killing my sleeping...

    ReplyDelete